DOG & CAT LICENSES
No person shall own, harbor, or keep any dog or cat over the age of five months within the City without first obtaining a license. The license year runs from January 1 to December 31 and is not transferable or refundable.
A late fee of $6 in addition to the license fee applies if:
- A license is not applied for within 30 days of acquiring a licensable pet.
- The pet is not licensed on or before the date the pet becomes five months old.
- A license is not renewed by March 31.
|Gender||Dog Fee||Cat Fee|
*Written proof of spay/neuter required
Pet born after Feb. 1 of the current year - Half Fee
A Guide to Rules of Pet Ownership
- No household may keep more than two dogs and three cats. If you’d like to apply for a variance, click here.
- All animals shall be cared for in a humane and sanitary manner.
- Pets shall not create any disturbance of the peace.
- Pets are not allowed to run at large. When not on your property, they must be on a leash shorter than eight feet.
- Pet owners shall promptly remove and dispose of any mess deposited by their pet.
- Loud or frequent barking is not permitted.
Tips for Pet OwnershipThe Animal Control unit handles calls concerning stray animals, nuisance complaints, animal bites, and other situations relating to animals. To report improper treatment or any problem concerning pets, call 839-4972.
Lost or stray animals found in the City are taken to the Eau Claire County Humane Association located on Old Town Hall Road. Their phone number is 715-839-4747.
CITY OF EAU CLAIRE OFF-LEASH DOG PARKS
The Off-Leash Dog Parks are located at 4503 House Road and 4703 Robin Road and consists of 9 fully fenced acres with walking trails throughout the park. The park is open year-round with water available May – October. All visitors to the dog park must purchase either an annual dog license or pay a daily fee to use the Off-Leash Dog Park. Daily passes may be purchased at the park.
Daily Passes: $5 per dog
City of Eau Claire Residents: $25 per dog
Non-Residents: $33 per dog
Dog Park Rules
- Dogs must be kept leashed except when they are inside an off-leash area.
- Dogs must remain under their handler’s control at all times.
- Dogs must remain within sight of their handler at all times.
- Handlers must have one leash per dog.
- All dogs must be licensed and must display dog park tags.
- Day-use permits must be with the handler.
- An attending adult must closely supervise all children in off-leash areas.
- Dogs must be leashed at the first sign of aggression or unruliness.
- Dogs in heat are not permitted in off-leash areas.
- No more than 3 dogs per handler are permitted at one time in off-leash areas.
- Handlers must always clean up after their dog(s) in off-leash areas.
- Handlers must observe all other applicable ordinances, rules and regulations.
- Dogs declared dangerous animals under city code section 6.08.045, or dangerous or potentially dangerous dogs under State Statutes, are not allowed in off-leash areas.
Tips for Enjoying the Dog Park
- Bring ample water for your dog(s).
- Do not bring food or dog toys into the area. They may create a conflict.
- Do not bring glass containers into an off-leash area.
- Vaccinate dogs by the recommendation of your veterinarian.
- Extend common courtesy to all other users.
City of Eau Claire Licensing
2020 Prairie Lane
PO BOX 909
Eau Claire WI 54702