The Eau Claire City Council meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month at 4 pm. These are legislative meetings where the Council votes on items. Public Hearings are held at 7 pm on the Monday evening before each legislative session.
City Council meetings are televised live on Community Television Basic Cable Channels 96 and 97 and Digital Cable Channels 993 and 994, and Digital TV Tuner Channels 98-13 and 98-14, along with being streamed live at Valley Media Works. The program is re-broadcast on the Thursday and Saturday following the meetings. The re-broadcasts begin at 8 am on Thursday morning and at noon on Saturday. The meetings are also simulcast on radio station WRFP 101.9 FM. Please contact Community Television at 839-5067 with any questions you may have regarding the broadcasts of City Council meetings.
City Council Elections
There are eleven members on the Eau Claire City Council. Five of the members are elected from aldermanic districts. Five members and the Council President are elected at large. At-Large Alderpersons were elected to three-year terms in 2016. District Alderpersons were elected to three-year terms in 2018. The City Council President was elected to a three-year term in April 2017. City Council nomination papers may be obtained at, and must be filed with, the City Clerk's Office.
Public Officials Handbook:
- Public Officials Handbook - Section 1 (Introduction & Background)
- Public Officials Handbook - Section 2 (City Organization)
- Public Officials Handbook - Section 3 (General Public Official Information)
- Public Officials Handbook - Section 4 (City Council)
- Public Officials Handbook - Section 5 (Boards, Commissions & Committees)
State of the City Address
- 2016 State of the City Address
- 2015 State of the City Address
- 2014 State of the City Address
- 2013 State of the City Address
- 2012 State of the City Address
- City Council Members
- Council Agendas
- Council Minutes
- Aldermanic Districts
- Council Membership on Boards, Commissions & Committees