Exact Fare Required (drivers cannot make change)
One Time Fares (Purchase upon boarding)
- $1.75 Full Fare
- $1.50 Fare (Income-Qualifying)
- $0.85 Reduced Fare (Passengers with Disabilities or Age 65+)
- $1.25 Student Fare (K-12 Students)*
- $3.75 Day Pass (Unlimited Rides on Day of Purchase)
- FREE UWEC Students & Faculty (Must present current Blugold ID)
- $4.00 Full Fare Tickets (book of 3)
- $10 Reduced Fare Tickets (book of 13)
*Preschool-aged children may ride free when accompanied by an adult. Maximum of 2 children per adult ride free.
Monthly Passes *Must Purchase Voucher*
- $50.00 Full Fare Pass
- $45.00 Pass (Income Qualifications)
- $25.00 Reduced Fare Pass (Passengers with Disabilities or Age 65+)
Student Passes *Must Purchase Voucher*
- $50.00 K-12 Semester MAX Pass
- $35.00 K-12 Summer FREEDOM Pass
- $140 CVTC Student Semester Pass*
- $100 CVTC Student Summer Pass*
- UWEC Students & Faculty ride FREE with current ID
*CVTC Passes must be purchased at Chippewa Valley Technical College. CVTC may pay a portion of the cost of a pass for their enrolled students.
Purchase your voucher from any of these outlets:
- Festival Foods - Mall Dr
- Festival Foods - Birch St
- Festival Foods - Clairemont Ave
- City Hall - 203 S Farwell St
- LE Phillips Public Library - 400 Eau Claire St
- Transit Office - 910 Forest St
SPECIAL FARE QUALIFICATIONS
Passengers with a combined household income at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level are eligible to receive a $1.50/$45 Permit Card. To obtain a permit card, you must complete an application, available here: Income-Qualifying Fare Verification Form.
Passengers with disabilities and those over 65 years of age may be eligible for a reduced fare. To qualify for the reduced fare you must present one of the following upon boarding:
- Medicare Card
- Proof of age 65+
- Reduced Fare Card
To obtain a Reduced Fare Card you must complete an application, available here: Reduced Fare Application.
Para-Transit (Door-to-Door Service)
Para-Transit provides door-to-door service, utilizing a fleet of lift-equipped vans for passengers with disabilities which prevent them from accessing or navigating the city bus.
To qualify for Para-Transit services, you must complete an application process to prove that you require the service.