Eau Claire Parks and Recreation offers a scholarship program for low-income families who live within the Eau Claire City limits. Area businesses and community groups in Eau Claire support our scholarship program for low-income families. Scholarship applies to youth programs and youth/family pool passes only.
Scholarship applications MUST be submitted in person. No online, email, fax or phone applications will be accepted. Contact our Recreation Office at 715-839-5032 with questions.
ELIGIBLE FAMILIES: Any resident family living within the City of Eau Claire boundaries currently meeting federal food stamp guidelines and/or who qualifies for the Eau Claire Area School District Free Lunch Program is eligible. The following must be submitted when applying for the scholarship:
- Provide proof of one of the following programs:
a. Proof of Effective Food Share Quest Card: Provide paperwork showing effective date of Food Share Quest Card (we will allow 3 months of leeway).
- Example: Recent Notice of Decision
- Applicant must contact Great Rivers Consortium at 1-888-283-0012 and request a “Print Screen” stating the family’s name and current food share allowance/effective date.
• Example: Letter of Decision from the Eau Claire Area School District
• Applicant must contact ECASD Food and Nutrition at 715-852-3000 to request a copy of the letter.
- Proof of Identification: Must have a photo ID
- Proof of Address: Date stamped mail or driver's license stating City of Eau Claire residence.
- Completed Fee Waiver-Scholarship Application
**Families will be asked to confirm their eligibility status once each calendar year.
PROGRAM REGISTRATION: If you are interested in participating in programs, registration will ensure your spot. Registration must be done in person at our Parks and Recreation Office at 915 Menomonie Street. Review the guidelines and timelines in our Prime Times catalog and pay 25% of the program fee. The scholarship does not apply to Eau Claire Area School District partnered programs. (School District partnership programs noted in the Prime Time Catalog with the handshake symbol.)
FAIRFAX POOL PASS SCHOLARSHIPS: If you purchase a Fairfax season pass as a scholarship participant, you must use the pass at least 4 times per season. If the pass is not used the minimum number of times you will not qualify for a scholarship pass the following season.
Our office is not familiar with and/or trained to determine need based on income or other aid programs. Eau Claire Parks and Recreation offers several free youth and family programs year round. Check our Prime Times Catalog for activities that may interest your family.