ELIGIBLE FAMILIES: Any resident family living within the City of Eau Claire boundaries currently meeting federal food stamp guidelines and/or who qualifies for the Eau Claire Area School District Free Lunch Program is eligible. The following must be submitted when applying for the scholarship:
- Provide proof of one of the following programs:
a. Proof of Effective Food Share Quest Card: Provide paperwork showing effective date of Food Share Quest Card (we will allow 3 months of leeway).
- Example: Recent Notice of Decision
- Applicant must contact Great Rivers Consortium at 1-888-283-0012 and request a “Print Screen” stating the family’s name and current food share allowance/effective date.
• Example: Letter of Decision from the Eau Claire Area School District
• Applicant must contact ECASD Food and Nutrition at 715-852-3000 to request a copy of the letter.
- Proof of Identification: Must have a photo ID
- Proof of Address: Date stamped mail or driver's license stating City of Eau Claire residence.
- Completed Fee Waiver-Scholarship Application
**Families will be asked to confirm their eligibility status once each calendar year.
PROGRAM REGISTRATION: If you are interested in participating in programs, you will need to follow the registration guidelines that are outlined in our program brochure (Prime Times), and pay 25% of the program fee. Registration is what will ensure your spot in a program. The scholarship does not apply to School District discounted fees.
FAIRFAX POOL PASS SCHOLARSHIPS: If you purchase a Fairfax season pass as a scholarship participant, you must use the pass at least 4 times per season. If the pass is not used the minimum number of times you will not qualify for a scholarship pass the following season.
The only qualifiers for scholarship is meeting income guidelines for the Federal Food Share Program or meeting guidelines for ECASD Free Lunch program and being a City of Eau Claire resident. Our office is not familiar with and/or trained to determine need based on income or other aid programs. Eau Claire Parks and Recreation offers several free youth and family programs year round. Check our Prime Times brochure for activities that may interest your family.