It is the policy of the City of Eau Claire to encourage and support special community events, such as festivals, parades, and athletic events while regulating these events in a positive manner to promote the equitable and efficient use, and continued protection of limited public park and other lands, to allow for the efficient use of limited city staff resources through proper planning for such events and to protect the public health, safety, and welfare.
A special event is open to the public at a predetermined location on public property, including, but not limited to, city parks, streets, and sidewalks. (Ord.9.59.010).
Making appropriate accommodations well in advance of your event will make the event successful. Submit your Special Event Application at least 60 days prior to your event. If you have questions about the application materials, or about holding your event, phone (715) 839-4649, visit the office at 910 Forest Street, Eau Claire, WI 54703 or email us.
Payments required at the time of application. Submit one check, payable to the City of Eau Claire, for all fees. 2018 Special Event Charges Worksheet (for planning purposes ONLY)
- Special Event Application Fee - $60.00 (Required)
- Temporary Class B License Fee $10.00 (if applicable)
- Tent Permit Fee $52.00 (if applicable)
- Certificate of Insurance (REQUIRED)
- An event sponsor shall be required to provide a valid certificate of insurance evidencing limits of liability not less than $1,000,000 and name the City of Eau Claire, 203 S. Farwell St., Eau Claire WI 54703 as an additional insured and certificate holder.
- Tents (if applicable)
- Health Department Food Permit and Instructions (if applicable)
- Alcohol Applications and Information (if applicable)
- Phoenix Park Reservation Agreement (if applicable)
- Special Event Temporary Camping Information (if applicable)
popular event route maps
To view some popular event route maps, click here.
Listed below are examples of completed Special Event Applications.