Wisconsin Statutes and City Code of Ordinances Section 13.10 require a permit to be obtained before any excavation is made in any street, alley or public place in the city of Eau Claire. Forms may be picked up at City Hall in the Public Works Department or may be downloaded and emailed to email@example.com.
- R-O-W Permit Form [PDF] - *Do not open in browser*
- 'Right Click' link and select 'Save Link As' (chrome) or 'Save Target As' (IE) to download form.
- When done filling in form, click 'Submit Form' and Select 'Internet Email' to save form.
- Attach form to an email message.
- If you do not receive a response within 3 business days or have any questions, please call Engineering Division at 715-839-4934
The right-of-way permit application fee is thirty-seven dollars ($37) for any person working or excavating within the right-of-way of any street, alley, or public place in the city of Eau Claire. The application fee must be paid at the time of application otherwise the permit will not be processed or issued. If monthly billing is requested and approved for businesses that submit a substantial number of permit requests during the year, the City will prepare a billing each month and list the issued permit numbers. If monthly billing is approved, the permit application fee does not have to accompany the permit request before being processed and issued.
Contractors performing excavation work while under city contract are not required to obtain a permit for such work unless a permit is specifically required by the city.
Should you have any questions or wish to request monthly billing, please contact Public Works at (715) 839-4934.