The Alternate Side Parking Ordinance aids the Public Works Department during a snow event.
Whenever the City declares a snow event to permit a full residential plow operation, then for a period of
72 hours, alternate side parking regulations will be in effect on all streets in the City of Eau Claire.
Regulations are as follows:
- On Odd-numbered days, vehicles shall only be parked, stopped or left standing on that side of the street having odd-numbered addresses.
- On even-numbered days, vehicles shall only be parked, stopped or left standing on the side of the street having even-numbered addresses.
- These provisions shall only be in effect between midnight and 5:00 p.m.
- These provisions shall not supersede more restrictive parking regulations in effect in the city.
- Notice of the snow event shall be provided at least 6 hours prior to the regulations taking effect, meaning notice must be provided prior to 6 p.m. in order for alternate side parking to commence that night at 12:00 midnight. Notice shall be given to the public and all interested media outlets on the following sites:
City of Eau Claire Website News Section (eauclairewi.gov) www.eauclairewi.gov
(You may sign up to receive notifications whenever a “snow update” is posted by clicking on the E-notification button. Fill out the appropriate information and check the “Snow Updates” button. )
Public Works Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/cityofecstreets Use the following hashtags:
#ECSNOWPLOW will be for Full Residential plowing operations and that alternate side parking will be enforced for the next 72 hours.
#ECSNOW1718 will be the hashtag for information about ice control routes, snow hauls and other winter operations.
City of Eau Claire –City Hall Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/cityofeauclaire