The Eau Claire Police Department has launched the TIP411 program. This program allows citizens to text anonymous tips of criminal activity to the Eau Claire Police Department. To text a tip, enter the phone number TIP411 (847411). In the message section, type ECPD followed by a space and then your anonymous tip. Once you hit send, your tip is sent to Citizen Observer, scrambled, and then forwarded to the Eau Claire Police Department as an anonymous tip!To end the two-way communication or if you want to initiate a new tip, type "STOP" and hit send. This will end the two way communication on this particular tip message.
How to send a web-based anonymous tip
- Go to the following web site: CitizenObserver.com
- Fill in the SUBJECT box
- Type in your TIP message in the details box
- Upload photos if applicable
- Select SUBMIT
- This will bring you to a screen that identifies the message was successfully submitted. It is crucial that you save/record your tip ID located on the second screen. You must have the tip ID in order to check any follow-up conversations or submit a follow-up comment.
- To check for responses or to reply with a follow-up message, enter the tip ID into the box labeled "Follow - Up Login ID" which is located on the initial screen where you submitted your initial tip.
If you need to speak with an officer, call the non-emergency number: 715-839-4972.