TIP411 is an resource that allows citizens to anonymously report criminal activity to the Eau Claire Police Department.
- DO NOT use TIP411 to report emergencies or crimes in progress. Call 911 for emergencies or 715-839-4972 for non-emergencies.
- TIP411 IS NOT monitored 24/7. Patrol supervisors periodically check TIP411 throughout their shift.
- Only report criminal activity that has occurred IN THE CITY OF EAU CLAIRE. Crimes must be reported in the jurisdiction where they occurred.
How to text an anonymous tip:
- Enter 847411 (TIP411).
- In the message section, type ECPD followed by a space and then your anonymous tip.
- Once you hit send, your tip is sent to Citizen Observer, scrambled, and then forwarded to the Eau Claire Police Department as an anonymous tip.
- A patrol supervisor will periodically review these tips and respond appropriately.
How to send a web-based anonymous tip:
- Go to the following web site: CitizenObserver.com
- Fill in the SUBJECT box
- Type in your TIP message in the details box
- Upload photos if applicable
- Select SUBMIT
- This will bring you to a screen that identifies the message was successfully submitted. It is crucial that you save/record your tip ID located on the second screen. You must have the tip ID in order to check any follow-up conversations or submit a follow-up comment.
- To check for responses or to reply with a follow-up message, enter the tip ID into the box labeled "Follow - Up Login ID" which is located on the initial screen where you submitted your initial tip.
***If you need to speak with an officer directly, please call the non-emergency number 715-839-4972.***