Who has to register?
- All property owners with one or more rental housing units in the City of Eau Claire must register their property with the Health Department by completing a registration form and submitting a fee of $5 per property.
- Rental registration is a one-time registration and not an annual requirement.
If there is a change of ownership, properties must be re-registered with the new owners and submit a new application and $5 registration fee per property. If you sell a rental property, please call the Health Department at (715)-839-4718 to remove the property from your account.
How to register rental properties:
- Online: Online Registration
- Phone: (715)-839-4718, Monday-Friday - 8AM-4:30PM
- Be prepared to answer the registration questions and provide credit/debit card or electronic check information
- In-person: Visit the Health Department at 720 Second Ave. Eau Claire, WI 54703, be prepared to fill out the application and pay with cash, check, or credit card.
- Mail: Print application, fill out and mail with payment to Eau Claire City-County Health Department, 720 Second Ave. Eau Claire, WI 54703
- Complete the application with the following information:
- Name of the owner of each residential rental housing unit
- Name, address, and telephone number of authorized contact person for each residential rental housing unit
- Pay the fee: $5 per property
Owners of the following do NOT have to register:
- Facilities that are inspected, owned, licensed or certified by the State of Wisconsin including rest homes, convalescent (recovery) homes, nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living centers, community based residential facilities, university -owned student dormitories, or adult homes, and properties owned or operated by the Eau Claire Housing Authority.