The purpose of the Eau Claire City Housing Inspection Program is to encourage neighborhood safety and ensure that the city’s housing supply meets minimum health and safety standards.
The program investigates housing related- complaints such as unsanitary conditions, safety concerns, and general maintenance issues (e.g. mold, plumbing and electrical issues, etc).
- For a guide about landlord/tenant rights visit Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection.
- Questions regarding lease agreements shall be discussed with Consumer Protection at 1-800-422-7128 or DATCPHotline@wi.gov.
Eau Claire City Housing Inspection Program
The program includes inspections of residential dwellings to determine compliance with the Housing Code - Chapter 16.08. It is designed to identify dwellings that are more of a risk for health and safety. The property may meet the requirements for an interior and exterior required inspection based on:
- the exterior survey
- the number of complaints against the property
- age of property
- if the home contains any rental units
- documented cases of retaliatory eviction
Eau Claire County Housing Inspections
The Health Department will inspect housing in Fall Creek, Augusta, and the Townships of Union and Seymour for compliance of their adoptive code and the County Sanitary Code that address health hazards created by unsanitary or unsafe housing conditions (e.g. poor exterior maintenance, garbage, sanitation). These inspections are done on a complaint or referral basis.
New!! Rental Registration due March 1, 2018
- Rental Registration Application
- Rental Registration FAQ's
- FAQ and Step-by-Step Instructions for Payment