If you cannot make it to one of the walk-in clinics, appointment times are available. Call 715-839-4718 to schedule an appointment.
You must return 48 hours later to have the Public Health Nurse look at (read) the injection site to check for a reaction. The nurse is able to tell if you have been exposed to tuberculosis.
If you do not return for the Read, the skin test will need to be repeated at your cost.
Certain adult vaccines are also offered at our TB clinics.
Payment: We accept cash or check only – we cannot process credit/debit card payments at this time. Call 715-839-4718 for current pricing.
Park in Lot F located on the corner of Lake St. and 2nd Avenue.
Enter the building at Entrance C12E ONLY. C12E is the WIC/Immunization Clinic entrance. Anyone coming in for a TB test is allowed to park in the “Visitors with Children” spots.
Additional information about TB skin tests:
• The TB skin test is the standard method of determining if you are infected with tuberculosis.
• A small amount of fluid, called tuberculin, is injected under the skin of your forearm.
• You must return 48 hours later to have the TB test read by a Public Health Nurse.
• If the TB skin test is positive, you will be referred to your healthcare provider with instructions for additional evaluation.
• Some employers require a two-step TB skin test. The second test needs to be given 7-21 days after the first test.
For more information on tuberculosis disease, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website to view TB Fact Sheets.