Engineering conducted a traffic study on Harding Avenue from August 15 - September 30, 2017. Analysis of the study will be brought forth to the Eastside Hill & Third Ward Neighborhood Associations for presentation and discussion.
What occurred as part of the study from August 15 - September 15?
- Traffic control restricted lanes to one in each direction on Harding Avenue.
- There was no vehicular access to Jefferson or Lee Streets from/to Harding Avenue.
- There were recommended detour routes directing motorists to use Margaret Street to
Laurel Avenue & Washington Avenue to South Farwell Street.
- Harding Avenue - Traffic Pattern Change (pdf)
If I have questions about the study, who can I contact?
- Please contact Leah Ness, City Transportation Engineer, in the Engineering Department.
Leah is at 715-839-4394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What did the study involve?
- Lane restrictions on Harding Avenue from August 15 - September 15.
- Elimination of motor vehicle access from Harding Avenue to Lee & Jefferson Streets.
- Traffic counts and observation for analysis prior, during, and after the study time frame ending
on September 30th.
Why was the study being done?
- Information collected from the study will assist the City in its approach to the Harding Avenue project,
which is included in the 2018 Capital Improvement Program.
How long will the study last?
- Travel usage data and survey information were collected through September 30, 2017.
- Analysis of data collection is occurring in October 2017.
Public Survey Results
The City invited the public to complete the Harding Avenue Traffic Study in August & September 2017 to give feedback. Individuals could provide their names and addresses if they wished on the survey and give their feedback by answering two questions. There was also space in the survey to give any other comments in regards to Harding Avenue.
Below are the results of the survey. It includes the overall responses to the two survey questions and a breakdown of categorized responses by neighborhood: