The first ever Sustainable Eau Claire Awards recognized individuals, businesses, and organizations committed to creating a more sustainable Eau Claire. The awards are meant to encourage all residents, businesses, community groups, and non-profits to implement similar sustainable actions.
The award ceremony was held on Earth Day, April 22, 2016.
Winners for 2016 are as follows:
- Energy: Renewables, Efficiency or Conservation – Lynn Thompson, Eau Claire Energy Cooperative
- Environmental Education – SDS Architects, Inc.
- Exceptional Natural Resources Steward – Mike & Connie Olson, Micon Cinemas
- Green Building Design - Zach Halmstad & Pablo Properties
- Green Products or Practices – Earthbound Environmental Solutions, LLC
- Local, Sustainable, Healthy Food – Festival Foods - Eau Claire
- Special Award: Co-Founder – David L. F. Duax
- Student Leadership – Student National Environmental Health Association (SNEHA) UW-Eau Claire
- Sustainable City Staff – Rod Bonesteel
- Transportation Innovations – Jeremy Gragert
- Waste Reduction, Composting or Recycling – REACH, Inc.
- Waste Reduction, Composting or Recycling – Phillips Medisize - Phillips Medical - Eau Claire
Program materials for the past 2016 awards can be found below:
Application (hard copy)
Check back near the end of the year for information on the 2017 awards.