Skip to page body Switch to mobile view Home About Us I Want To... Departments Government Residents Businesses Visitors


Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option



July 15, 2018

Notice is hereby given that applications will be accepted in the office of the Licensing Specialist until noon on Monday, August 27, 2018 for one available Combination “Class B” Intoxicating Liquor and Fermented Malt Beverage license for the 2018-2019 licensing period to sell and serve beer, wine and liquor in the City of Eau Claire.

Applications are available:

Questions?  Contact the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 or via email @

2018 Schedule of Fees and Licenses

Licenses are required for:

 Alcohol Beverage License Applications

Can I serve wine/beer at my business to the public for a grand opening, ladies night out, anniversary, etc?

Can a business that has no alcohol license serve alcohol to the public at its business?

  •  You will need to complete the following application forms:
    • AT-106 Original Alcohol Beverage License Application
    • AT-104 Schedule of Appointment of Agent (Do not use this form if applying as sole proprietor or partnership.)
    • AT-103 Auxiliary Questionnaire (All individual owners, partners, corporate officers, and the agent must complete this form.) Instructional sheet
  • Click here for alcohol beverage license applications
  • Surrender of License form (This form must be signed by both the current owner and new applicant.) Click here for a Surrender form
  • File The Applications
    • Very Important: Call the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 to schedule an appointment to file application.    
    • File applications and $40 filing fee at the Customer Services Office, 203 S. Farwell Street, at least 15 days before a regularly scheduled City Council meeting. The council meets in the Council Chambers at City Hall the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 4:00 p.m.
    • If you are applying for a Class B Liquor license (tavern/restaurant with liquor) you will need to attend a meeting with the License Review Committee. The city attorney's office will mail notification of this meeting. It is on Tuesday morning a week before the city council meeting.
  • Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage Laws for Retailers Pamphlet
    • As the owner of an alcohol beverage license it is your responsibility to read and understand the State of Wisconsin alcohol beverage license laws.
    • Click here for Beverage Law pamphlet
  • Other Alcohol Licensing Related Forms: 
  • Considerations for Serving Alcohol at Your Event    

Dog & Cat Licenses

Any dog or cat over the age of five months must be licensed. Licenses may be obtained from the City Treasury. Proof of a current rabies vaccination must be submitted with the license application.

Click here to download a fill in application

Gender Dog Fee  Cat Fee 
 Male Altered*  $19.00  $14.00
 Female Altered*  $19.00  $14.00
 Male  $38.00  $25.00
 Female  $38.00  $25.00
*Written Proof Required
 Pet born after Feb. 1 of the current year - Half Fee


Click here for 'A Guide to Rules of Pet Ownership'
No household may keep more than two dogs and three cats Click here for Variance form.
All animals shall be cared for in a humane and sanitary manner. They shall not create any disturbance of the peace. Pets are not to be allowed to run at large. When they are not on your property, they must be on a leash no longer than eight feet long. The City of Eau Claire has a 'pooper scooper' law. Pet owners shall promptly remove and dispose of any mess deposited by their pet.

Lost or stray animals found in the City are taken to the Eau Claire County Humane Association located on Old Town Hall Road. Their phone number is 715-839-4747.

The Off-Leash Dog Park consists of 9, fully fenced acres with walking trails throughout the park. The park is open year-round. Water is available May – October. The park is located at 4503 House Road.

  • Rules and regulations are posted at the park.

Day passes are available, deposit payment in the provided envelope and place it in the slot of the drop box.

Annual permits are available from the Customer Service Office in City Hall (715-839-4923), or

Click here to download an application.

Beekeeping in the City of Eau Claire

Beekeeping Application for beekeeping in the City of Eau Claire, more information is available at Beekeeping is Best Practices for Urban Beekeepers Eau Claire and Eau Claire Flyway Bee Standards.

Bartender's License
Anyone applying for a new bartender's/operator’s license must complete the Responsible Beverage Server Training Course or show proof that they have been a bartender in the last two years in the State of Wisconsin.

The responsible beverage training course: Click here for Wisconsin approved training classes .

Upon completion of the course either bring the certificate to the City Treasurers office at 203 S. Farwell Street, Eau Claire, WI. or Fax the certificate to Licensing Specialist at 715-839-3889. Email:

Mail the completed bartender application along with payment to:
City of Eau Claire
P.O. Box 909
Eau Claire, WI 54702-0909.

Click here for a bartender's/operator's license application

Direct Sellers / Transient Merchants
Anyone wishing to sell items door-to-door or at a specified location in the City of Eau Claire must obtain a Direct Sellers license. Persons who have owned or operated a business in Eau Claire for at least one year, are working for a registered charitable organization or who are selling home grown produce do not need a Direct Sellers License. Applications are available at the Customer Services Area of City Hall and must be completed at least five days prior to the date of the sale.

You may call Customer Services at (715) 839 - 4923 if you wish to have an application mailed to you.
Click here for a Direct Sellers license application

Fireworks Vendor
Anyone wishing to sell fireworks in the City of Eau Claire must obtain a Fireworks Vendor permit.

Applications are available at:
Customer Services Office of City Hall
203 S. Farwell St
Eau Claire, WI 

Rules and regulations of selling fireworks in the City of Eau Claire see Chapter 9.32 of the Code of Ordinances.

Click here for a Fireworks Vendor Application
Fireworks Vendor Application

Massage Technicians / Massage Establishments
Anyone wishing to practice massage therapy, must request an application from:
State of Wisconsin, Department of Regulation and Licensing
1400 East Washington Avenue
P.O. Box 8935
Madison Wisconsin, 53708.

Click here for a Massage Facility Application

If you wish to open a massage therapy establishment, contact the City Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923.

Restaurants/Food Trucks

Click here for restaurant license application. Please contact the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 with questions and for more information.

Can I have a food truck at my event…

  • On private property at a private event? Yes! You can have any food truck(s) of your choice.

  • On private property at an event open to the public? Yes! You can have any food truck(s) licensed in the City of Eau Claire.

  • That is a properly permitted Block Party? Yes! You can have any food truck(s) licensed in the City of Eau Claire.

  • Approved through the City’s Special Events Application? Yes! You can have any food truck(s) licensed in the City of Eau Claire.

Please feel free to call the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 with any questions you may have or for a list of food trucks that are licensed in the City of Eau Claire.

Can I operate a food truck in the City of Eau Claire?  Anyone wishing to operate a food truck in the City of Eau Claire must obtain a City of Eau Claire restaurant license and a Health Department license. Inspections will be required from the Health Department, Fire Inspector, and Building, Electrical, and Plumbing Inspectors.

  • Click here for restaurant license application. Contact the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 with questions and for more information.

  • Contact the Health Department at 715-839-4718 to determine the type of license needed and to schedule an inspection.

  • Contact the Fire Inspector to schedule an inspection at 715-839-4825.

  • Contact the Inspections Department at 715-839-4947 to schedule your Building, Electrical, and Plumbing inspections.

Can I operate on public streets and in public parks during non-special event times once I have a restaurant license to operate my food truck?  Anyone wishing to operate a food truck on public streets and in public parks during non-special event times will need a separate Mobile Food Establishments license. Please feel free to contact the Licensing Specialist at 715-839-4923 with any questions you may have or for more information on how to obtain that license.

Other City of Eau Claire Licenses

Contact City of Eau Claire INSPECTIONS for licenses 715-839-4947 

  • Heating Contractors
  • Sign Installers
  • Control Wireman

Licenses not issued by the City of Eau Claire:

  • Driver's Licenses are issued by the State Department of Transportation (715-836-2803).
  • Marriage Licenses are issued by the County Clerk (715-839-4801).

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Flash Player QuickTime Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer