The Elections Office is located in the First Floor of City Hall, at the North end of the building (closest to the public library). The Elections Office is responsible for voter registration, absentee voting, establishing and preparing voting places, and assigning and training election officials.
Office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Location First Floor, City Hall, 203 South Farwell Street.
Telephone (715) 839-4913 Fax (715) 839-6177
Mailing address: City Elections
203 S Farwell St
Eau Claire WI 54701
There are no elections scheduled for the Fall 2013.
2014 ELECTION DATES
Spring Primary February 18
Spring Election April 1
Fall Partisan Primary August 12
Fall General Election November 4
ELECTION FORMS for VOTERS
Many election forms are available for downloading from the Elections Division of the State Governmental Accountability Board. Links to the Voter Registration form and Absentee Ballot Request form are provided below.
- VOTER REGISTRATION
- Voter Registration form (English)
- Voter Registration form (Spanish)
- Voter Registration form (Hmong)
- There are three ways you can register to vote or update your voter information if you move or change your name.
1. By-Mail You can register by mail from now until March 13.
2. Clerk's Office You can register in-person in the Clerk's Office any time Monday thru Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm EXCEPT on Election Day and the Monday before Election Day.
3. Election Day You can register on Election Day at your voting site.
- You must now provide Proof of Residence when you register. Acceptable Proof of Residence must include both your current and complete name and your current and complete address. Items that are Acceptable Proof of Residence include:
- Current and valid Wisconsin driver license
- Current and valid Wisconsin identification card
- Utility bill (gas, electric or telephone) for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before Election Day.
- Bank Statement
- Check or other document issued by a unit of government
- Official identification card of license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day.
- Proof of residence can be provided either in paper or electronically (via I-pad, I-phone, laptop)
- ABSENTEE VOTING
- If you are unable or unwilling to go to your voting site on Election Day, you can cast an absentee ballot.
- In-person Absentee Voting takes place at the Elections Office, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm beginning the third Monday before an election through the Friday prior to the election. There is no absentee voting on the Monday immediately before an election.
- If you want an absentee ballot mailed to you, we must receive your request no later than the Thursday before the election.
- Absentee Ballot request form (English)
Click here for more information
Unsure if you are registered or where you would vote?
Access the state's My Vote Wisconsin voter information system. Wisconsin voters can look up their polling place and other election-related information using a new function of the state's voter registration system.
- Look up your voter registration and polling place location
- Look up polling place location for an address
The City of Eau Claire is always looking for citizens to work at the polls during elections. Election officials (poll workers) register new voters, give voters credit in the poll books those who vote, answer questions, hand out and explain ballots, and work with ballot counting equipment. Training sessions are held before each election. Currently, poll workers are paid $8.00/hour, including the training sessions. The polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. A full day for most workers lasts from approximately 6:00 a.m to 10 p.m. Some poll workers do work half day shifts, either from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or from noon to close. If you are interested in working at the polls or if you have questions, please call the City Election Office at (715) 839 - 4913.