- New Alternate Side Parking Information
A new procedure has been adopted by the City Council when a snow event is declared.
10/28/2015 10:27 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Dental Home by Age One: A Campaign to Decrease Tooth Decay in Young Children
The ‘Dental Home by Age One’ is a campaign to raise awareness about the importance of oral health in young children.
11/25/2015 12:52 PMdetail
- Eau Claire Current Newsletter 11/25/15
A new edition of "Eau Claire Current" is now available.
11/25/2015 11:57 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: It's Turkey Time! Do You Know How to Safely Prepare Your Holiday Meal?
Did you know that 1 in 6 people in the US will get sick this year from consuming unsafe food?
11/23/2015 9:59 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Community Partners Form Action Team to Promote Healthy, Positive Relationships
Eau Claire Healthy Communities recently re-energized an effort to address the increasing severity of intimate partner violence in our community.
10/28/2015 11:17 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Hello Sunday Morning: A movement to change Eau Claire’s relationship with alcohol.
According to the Burden of Excessive Alcohol Use in Wisconsin, Eau Claire County’s rate of binge drinking among adults ages 18+ is 30%.
10/27/2015 9:56 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Food Day Encourages “Greener Diet” for Healthier Living
On October 24th, Americans around the country will get together to celebrate and enjoy real food and advocate for improved food policies as part of the fifth annual Food Day.
10/23/2015 9:44 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Adolescent Clinics
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is providing free adolescent vaccinations – including flu – at seven middle schools in Eau Claire County.
10/20/2015 9:40 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Seeing “More Kids Drug Free” in Eau Claire County
October is National Substance Abuse Prevention Month.
10/20/2015 9:39 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Breast Cancer Remains Critical Health Issue for Women
Wisconsin Well Woman Program Helps Provide Access to Screening Services for Early Diagnosis.
10/15/2015 7:45 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Eau Claire Healthy Communities Presents the BE Fit Forum II
Community residents are invited to attend the BE (Built Environment) Fit Forum II on October 6th, 2015, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Mayo Clinic Health System’s Eau Claire –Luther Campus.
10/02/2015 12:55 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: 2015 Tobacco Compliance Check Update for Eau Claire County
Retail employees are the front line of defense in preventing youth tobacco use and upholding the laws that prevent the sale of tobacco to those under the age of 18.
09/30/2015 10:11 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Surgeon General’s Message—Walk More!
22 minutes of brisk walking or moderate physical activity can reduce risk of heart disease and diabetes.
09/29/2015 9:18 AMdetail
- Bow Hunting
Recent changes have been made to Wisconsin State Law that increase hunting opportunities on private property within the City limits.
09/25/2015 11:41 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Families Encouraged to Take Small Steps Together to Live Healthier. September is Childhood Obesity Awareness Month.
One in 3 children in the United States is overweight or obese.
09/22/2015 10:05 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: First ‘Get Yourself Tested’ Clinic to be hosted at Positive Avenues
Just last year there were 383 reported cases of Chlamydia in our county!
09/15/2015 10:14 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: QPR Training Offered
QPR training offered to boost community’s comfort level in approaching conversation about suicide. September 7th-11th is Suicide Prevention Awareness Week
09/08/2015 10:10 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Local tobacco retailer checks expand to include e-cigarettes
Local tobacco retailer checks that are conducted to ensure that stores don’t sell tobacco products to minors are expanding to include e-cigarettes, according to the Eau Claire City-County Health Department.
08/19/2015 9:36 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: "Breastfeeding And Work, Let's Make It Work"
“We strongly support breastfeeding because of the health benefits that it provides to both mom and baby,” says Beth Draeger, Public Health Nutrition Supervisor.
08/04/2015 9:29 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Cat Bite
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is looking for a cat that bit a woman, Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015 at approximately 7:00 p.m. The bite occurred on the 600 block of Galloway Street in Eau Claire. The cat appeared to be a dark gray adult.
07/24/2015 12:53 PMdetail