- Suicide Prevention is Everybody's Business
Attend a QPR training to learn the warning signs of suicide and how to ask a question to save a life.
05/19/2015 12:42 PMdetail
- Applicants Sought for Council Vacancy
The City Council is accepting applications for District 1 Vacancy.
05/14/2015 11:46 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASEE: Suicide Prevention is Everybody's Business - Get QPR Trained
QPR is essentially the CPR of Mental Health, and getting trained can save lives. Free training will be offered to 1,000 Eau Claire County community members.
05/22/2015 10:23 AMdetail
- New Items Available On Online Auction
Dell Latitude D630 Power Vault 114T
05/21/2015 1:30 PMdetail
- May 26, 2015 City Council Packet
The informational packet for the May 26, 2015 City Council meeting is available. The Monday, May 25 City Council meeting was canceled due to the Memorial Day Holiday.
05/21/2015 1:27 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: New Training Aims to Increase Compliance Check Rates
Retailers play a key role in decreasing youth access to tobacco products and alcohol by routinely carrying out the law and not allowing youth under 18 to purchase tobacco products, or youth under 21 to purchase alcohol.
05/21/2015 1:09 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Dog Bite 5/14/15
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is looking for a dog that bit a young woman, Tuesday, May 12th at approximately 4:00 p.m. The bite occurred on the trail off the intersection of Second Avenue and Fulton Street.
05/14/2015 4:05 PMdetail
- EAU CLAIRE CURRENT Newsletter 5/14/15
A new edition of "Eau Claire Current" is now available.
05/14/2015 3:49 PMdetail
- Addressing Mental Health #B4Stage4
“When we think about cancer, heart disease, or diabetes, we don’t wait years to treat them,” said Lieske Giese, Health Officer/Director of the Eau Claire City-County Health Department. “We start before Stage 4—we begin with prevention. So why don’t we do the same for individuals who are dealing with potentially serious mental illness?”
05/14/2015 11:04 AMdetail
- Volunteer Vision Newsletter: May
A new Volunteer Vision Newsletter is now available.
05/01/2015 2:04 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Halmstad, Security Health Plan honored as "Communities Champions"
Zach Halmstad and Security Health Plan were honored Thursday (April 30) as “Communities Champions” for their efforts to make Eau Claire County a healthier place in which to live.
05/01/2015 11:32 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Focus Groups Lead to Alcohol Self-Assessment
Eau Claire Healthy Communities conducted focus groups during the month of March to better understand the drinking habits of 18-25 year olds in Eau Claire.
04/16/2015 11:48 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: STIs on the rise in Eau Claire County
Get Yourself Talking, Get Yourself Tested Campaign is raising awareness about the prevalence of STIs in Eau Claire County.
04/08/2015 12:39 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Parents Who Host Campaign Theme: “Talk. They Hear You.”
80% of youth aged 10-18 say their parents are the leading influence on their decision regarding whether or not to drink.
04/06/2015 9:49 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: ‘Bite into a Healthy Lifestyle’ during National Nutrition Month
“Bite into a Healthy Lifestyle”, encourages everyone to adopt a healthy lifestyle that includes eating fewer calories, making informed food choices, and getting daily exercise in order to achieve and maintain a healthy weight, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, and promote overall health.
03/12/2015 9:17 AMdetail
- "Volunteer Vision" Newsletter - March
The City is always looking for volunteers. Check out this newsletter to see where you are needed.
03/04/2015 9:37 AMdetail
- NEW RELEASE: Healthy Communities receives grant to tackle excessive drinking
Drink Responsibly – What Does That Mean?
02/23/2015 9:57 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: National Children's Dental Health Month
Incidence of tooth decay is on the rise for two to five-year-olds
02/19/2015 11:14 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Affordable Care Act enrollment period quickly coming to an end.
2015 marks the second year that people have been able to enroll in marketplace insurance. The last day to enroll is February 15, 2015.
02/09/2015 10:11 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Health Dept Seeks Dog that Bit a Man
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is looking for a dog that bit a man, Sunday January 25, 2015 at approximately 1:15 p.m. The bite occurred on the ski trial off the intersection of Guthrie Road and Archer Lane.
01/27/2015 11:44 AMdetail