- Halloween Trick-or-Treating Hours
Check out this news item for dates and times for this year's Halloween Trick-or-Treat plans for Eau Claire.
10/05/2015 12:12 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Eau Claire Healthy Communities Presents the BE Fit Forum II
Community residents are invited to attend the BE (Built Environment) Fit Forum II on October 6th, 2015, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Mayo Clinic Health System’s Eau Claire –Luther Campus.
10/02/2015 12:55 PMdetail
- Volunteer Vision Newsletter: October
The City is always looking for volunteers. Check out this newsletter to see where you are needed.
10/01/2015 10:54 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: 2015 Tobacco Compliance Check Update for Eau Claire County
Retail employees are the front line of defense in preventing youth tobacco use and upholding the laws that prevent the sale of tobacco to those under the age of 18.
09/30/2015 10:11 AMdetail
- Senior Center Needs Your Input!
The Senior Center, partnered with UWEC, is gathering input on how the Center can best meet our aging community's needs.
09/29/2015 12:22 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Surgeon General’s Message—Walk More!
22 minutes of brisk walking or moderate physical activity can reduce risk of heart disease and diabetes.
09/29/2015 9:18 AMdetail
- Bow Hunting
Recent changes have been made to Wisconsin State Law that increase hunting opportunities on private property within the City limits.
09/25/2015 11:41 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Families Encouraged to Take Small Steps Together to Live Healthier. September is Childhood Obesity Awareness Month.
One in 3 children in the United States is overweight or obese.
09/22/2015 10:05 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: First ‘Get Yourself Tested’ Clinic to be hosted at Positive Avenues
Just last year there were 383 reported cases of Chlamydia in our county!
09/15/2015 10:14 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: QPR Training Offered
QPR training offered to boost community’s comfort level in approaching conversation about suicide. September 7th-11th is Suicide Prevention Awareness Week
09/08/2015 10:10 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Local tobacco retailer checks expand to include e-cigarettes
Local tobacco retailer checks that are conducted to ensure that stores don’t sell tobacco products to minors are expanding to include e-cigarettes, according to the Eau Claire City-County Health Department.
08/19/2015 9:36 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: "Breastfeeding And Work, Let's Make It Work"
“We strongly support breastfeeding because of the health benefits that it provides to both mom and baby,” says Beth Draeger, Public Health Nutrition Supervisor.
08/04/2015 9:29 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Cat Bite
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is looking for a cat that bit a woman, Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015 at approximately 7:00 p.m. The bite occurred on the 600 block of Galloway Street in Eau Claire. The cat appeared to be a dark gray adult.
07/24/2015 12:53 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASES: Beach Closings
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department’s Environmental Health Laboratory closely monitors the level of bacteria in area beaches to ensure they are safe for swimming and recreation.
07/20/2015 10:55 AMdetail
- Wheeled Transportation Guidelines Available
This chart is a quick reference on the legal operation of various motorized vehicles.
07/14/2015 12:17 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: “Crow tests positive for West Nile virus”
This is the first bird that has tested positive in 2015 for West Nile virus in Eau Claire County since surveillance for the mosquito-transmitted virus began May 1.
07/14/2015 11:26 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Number of New Melanoma Cases in Eau Claire County has almost tripled since the 1990s
As the summer months heat up and outdoor activities abound, remember to protect yourself from harmful UV Rays! In Eau Claire County, the number of new melanoma cases has almost tripled since the 1990s.
07/13/2015 11:07 AMdetail
- Street Reconstruction
S. Barstow Street and Eau Claire Street reconstruction begins July 6.
07/01/2015 10:33 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: The only way to know your HIV status is to get tested.
“Take the test. Take control.” The CDC estimates that 1.1 million people in the U.S. are living with HIV and nearly one in six of those are not aware that they are infected.
06/25/2015 12:08 PMdetail
- EAU CLAIRE CURRENT Newsletter: June 25th
06/24/2015 3:24 PMdetail