- Volunteer Vision Newsletter: September
The City is always looking for volunteers. Check out this newsletter to see where you are needed.
09/01/2015 11:42 AMdetail
- EAU CLAIRE CURRENT: 8/27/15
A new edition of the "Eau Claire Current" newsletter is now available.
08/27/2015 10:11 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Local tobacco retailer checks expand to include e-cigarettes
Local tobacco retailer checks that are conducted to ensure that stores don’t sell tobacco products to minors are expanding to include e-cigarettes, according to the Eau Claire City-County Health Department.
08/19/2015 9:36 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: "Breastfeeding And Work, Let's Make It Work"
“We strongly support breastfeeding because of the health benefits that it provides to both mom and baby,” says Beth Draeger, Public Health Nutrition Supervisor.
08/04/2015 9:29 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Cat Bite
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is looking for a cat that bit a woman, Wednesday, July 22nd, 2015 at approximately 7:00 p.m. The bite occurred on the 600 block of Galloway Street in Eau Claire. The cat appeared to be a dark gray adult.
07/24/2015 12:53 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASES: Beach Closings
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department’s Environmental Health Laboratory closely monitors the level of bacteria in area beaches to ensure they are safe for swimming and recreation.
07/20/2015 10:55 AMdetail
- Wheeled Transportation Guidelines Available
This chart is a quick reference on the legal operation of various motorized vehicles.
07/14/2015 12:17 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: “Crow tests positive for West Nile virus”
This is the first bird that has tested positive in 2015 for West Nile virus in Eau Claire County since surveillance for the mosquito-transmitted virus began May 1.
07/14/2015 11:26 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Number of New Melanoma Cases in Eau Claire County has almost tripled since the 1990s
As the summer months heat up and outdoor activities abound, remember to protect yourself from harmful UV Rays! In Eau Claire County, the number of new melanoma cases has almost tripled since the 1990s.
07/13/2015 11:07 AMdetail
- Street Reconstruction
S. Barstow Street and Eau Claire Street reconstruction begins July 6.
07/01/2015 10:33 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: The only way to know your HIV status is to get tested.
“Take the test. Take control.” The CDC estimates that 1.1 million people in the U.S. are living with HIV and nearly one in six of those are not aware that they are infected.
06/25/2015 12:08 PMdetail
- EAU CLAIRE CURRENT Newsletter: June 25th
06/24/2015 3:24 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: WIC Helps Keep Families Healthy Over the Summer and Throughout the Year
With school coming to a close for the year, students are ready for a summer full of fun! However, for many parents in Eau Claire County having their children home for the summer can mean higher grocery bills, especially when parents choose to purchase healthy foods.
06/22/2015 9:18 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Local WIC Program to roll out electronic benefit card
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department’s WIC program is set to roll-out on June 17, 2015.
06/15/2015 12:51 PMdetail
- Street Construction
Highland Avenue and Spooner Avenue Street construction to begin.
06/12/2015 9:38 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Chippewa and Eau Claire Counties Community Health Assessment Completed
Both counties identified mental health and alcohol misuse as top health priorities. Substance use and obesity were also identified as priority areas for Chippewa and Eau Claire counties, respectively.
06/02/2015 12:46 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Teen Pregnancy Prevention Efforts Are Working
Even though the teen birth rate in Eau Claire County is lower than the Wisconsin average, there is still work to be done.
05/26/2015 3:21 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Suicide Prevention is Everybody's Business - Get QPR Trained
QPR is essentially the CPR of Mental Health, and getting trained can save lives. Free training will be offered to 1,000 Eau Claire County community members.
05/22/2015 10:23 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: New Training Aims to Increase Compliance Check Rates
Retailers play a key role in decreasing youth access to tobacco products and alcohol by routinely carrying out the law and not allowing youth under 18 to purchase tobacco products, or youth under 21 to purchase alcohol.
05/21/2015 1:09 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Dog Bite 5/14/15
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is looking for a dog that bit a young woman, Tuesday, May 12th at approximately 4:00 p.m. The bite occurred on the trail off the intersection of Second Avenue and Fulton Street.
05/14/2015 4:05 PMdetail