- EAU CLAIRE CURRENT Newsletter 3/26/15
A new edition of "Eau Claire Current" is now available.
03/26/2015 10:46 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: ‘Bite into a Healthy Lifestyle’ during National Nutrition Month
“Bite into a Healthy Lifestyle”, encourages everyone to adopt a healthy lifestyle that includes eating fewer calories, making informed food choices, and getting daily exercise in order to achieve and maintain a healthy weight, reduce the risk of chronic diseases, and promote overall health.
03/12/2015 9:17 AMdetail
- Amazing Eau Claire Clean-Up
The Amazing Eau Claire Clean-Up is set for Saturday, April 25.
03/11/2015 11:20 AMdetail
- "Volunteer Vision" Newsletter - March
The City is always looking for volunteers. Check out this newsletter to see where you are needed.
03/04/2015 9:37 AMdetail
- NEW RELEASE: Healthy Communities receives grant to tackle excessive drinking
Drink Responsibly – What Does That Mean?
02/23/2015 9:57 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: National Children's Dental Health Month
Incidence of tooth decay is on the rise for two to five-year-olds
02/19/2015 11:14 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Affordable Care Act enrollment period quickly coming to an end.
2015 marks the second year that people have been able to enroll in marketplace insurance. The last day to enroll is February 15, 2015.
02/09/2015 10:11 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Health Dept Seeks Dog that Bit a Man
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is looking for a dog that bit a man, Sunday January 25, 2015 at approximately 1:15 p.m. The bite occurred on the ski trial off the intersection of Guthrie Road and Archer Lane.
01/27/2015 11:44 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Public invited to community conversations to prioritize health issues in Chippewa and Eau Claire counties
“Bettering the health of our communities takes the efforts of many,” says Lieske Giese, Eau Claire City-County Health Department director. “This opportunity to meet with community members throughout our area is extremely valuable in prioritizing our commitment to improving the health and wellness of our citizens.”
01/23/2015 11:38 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Healthy Weight Week
Healthy Weight Week: Celebrate Healthy Diet-Free Living Habits that Last a Lifetime
01/21/2015 10:03 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Cervical Health Awareness Month
Make a New Year’s Resolution to get Screened for Cervical Cancer. It is the start of a new year – a time many reflect on their health. Approximately 12,000 American women will learn they have cervical cancer this year, and about 4,000 will die from an advanced form of the disease.
01/20/2015 2:18 PMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Radon Action Month
January 12, 2015. Each year, radon kills more people than home fires, drowning, falls or drunk driving.
01/12/2015 2:18 PMdetail
- 2015 Spring Election: City Council District Seats
The five District seats on the City Council are up for election in April. See list of candidates here.
01/07/2015 10:33 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Dog bite
The Eau Claire City-County Health Department is looking for a dog that bit a man, Thursday, January 1, 2015 at approximately 4:30 P.M.
01/05/2015 11:44 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: WI Wins. Compliance of Tobacco Sales Improving.
Retail clerks play a key role in decreasing youth access to tobacco by routinely carrying out the law – not allowing youth under 18 to purchase tobacco products.
12/31/2014 4:32 PMdetail
- 2015 Comprehensive Plan Update
The City has initiated the process of updating Eau Claire's 2005 Comprehensive Plan.
12/31/2014 8:30 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Affordable Care Act
Tis the Season for Shopping--- Have you purchased your health insurance yet? Getting covered may be cheaper than you think and you could be eligible for lower premiums and out-of-pocket costs. Shop for health plans at www.healthcare.gov.
12/09/2014 10:28 AMdetail
- 2014-12-08 Severe Flu Season
EAU CLAIRE- December 8, 2014 – Early data suggests that the current 2014-2015 flu season could be severe. “If you haven’t already, get your flu shot now,” urges Lieske Giese, Director of the Eau Claire City-County Health Department.
12/08/2014 10:11 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Diabetes Month
11/26/14- Eau Claire, WI -- More than 29 million Americans—or about 9 percent of the U.S. population—have diabetes. It is estimated that one in every four people with diabetes does not even know they have the disease.
11/26/2014 11:51 AMdetail
- NEWS RELEASE: Great American Smokeout
Eau Claire, WI – In Eau Claire the Health Department is encouraging people to celebrate the Great American Smokeout (GASO) in the best way possible -- by quitting smoking or making a plan to quit.
11/20/2014 1:12 PMdetail