Eau Claire WIC supports breastfeeding!
- WIC mothers choosing to breastfeed are provided information through counseling and breastfeeding educational materials.
- Breastfeeding mothers receive follow-up support through our peer counselor.
- Breastfeeding mothers are eligible to participate in WIC longer than non-breastfeeding mothers.
- Mothers who exclusively breastfeed their infants receive an enhanced food package.
- Breastfeeding mothers can receive breast pumps to help support the initiation and continuation of breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding Peer Counseling is available for expectant mothers throughout pregnancy and her breastfeeding journey.
We support, encourage, find solutions and help make breastfeeding a successful experience for mom and baby.
Monthly Breastfeeding Class
Dates and Times Below
Northwestern WI Breastfeeding Network
- Date: 03/14/2018 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Eau Claire City-County Health Department
720 Second Ave
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54703
Topics covered in this 1 1/2 hour class include:
- Benefits of breastfeeding for babies, mothers, and fathers
- How breastfeeding works
- Latching on and positioning
- Frequency and duration of feeding
- How to know your baby is getting enough to eat
- Breast care
- Strategies for returning to work or school
- When and where to get help should you need it.